[Direkt zum Inhalt springen].

Home > Everyday Life  > Children and Juveniles  > Child Benefit

Child Benefit

Parents who have one or more children receive child benefit ("Kindergeld"). The benefit is staggered, increasing as the number of children increases. Child benefit is paid even if parents are not in employment. The child benefit must be applied for at the family section ("Familienkasse") of the Employment Office or directly from the employer.

Information: Note: A brochure on state child benefit and raising children, etc, is available from the "Bundesministerium für Familie, Frauen, Senioren und Jugend" (Federal Ministry for Family, Women, Seniors and Youth). It is called "Staatliche Hilfen für Familien" (State Aid for Families). You can find this information at advice centres in your local area.

Hyperlink: www.bmfsfj.de

Previous page: Children and Juveniles

Next page: Kindergarten

Print :